Bibulus sentence example
- Bibulus became a virtual prisoner in his own house, and Caesar placed himself outside the pale of the free republic. Thus the programme of the coalition was carried through.
- Bibulus, who belonged to the as the provincia of the consuls of B.e.the supervision Gallic p 59 P wars.
- When the relations of Caesar and Pompey became strained, Bibulus supported Pompey (Plutarch, Cato Minor, 41) and joined in proposing his election as sole consul (52 B.C.).
- Although not a man of great importance, Bibulus showed great persistency as the enemy of Caesar.
- The two eldest were murdered in Egypt by some of the soldiery of Gabinius; the youngest, Lucius Calpurnius Bibulus, fought on the side of the republic at the battle of Philippi, but surrendered to Antony soon afterwards, and was by him appointed to the command of his fleet.Advertisement
- On the passage to Italy, most of the ships were captured by Bibulus and Calenus himself escaped with difficulty.