Bestower sentence example
- It probably accounts for her appearance as a goddess of seafarers, the bestower of fair weather and prosperous voyages.
- favere, or the "speaker," from fari), an old Italian rural deity, the bestower of fruitfulness on fields and cattle.
- the kind or gracious one - doubtless a euphemistic name - has his prototype in the old fierce storm-god Rudra, the" Roarer,"with certain additional features derived from other deities, especially Pushan, the guardian of flocks and bestower of prosperity, worked up therewith.
- This oriental Aphrodite was worshipped as the bestower of all animal and vegetable fruitfulness, and under this aspect especially as a goddess of women.
- While Death is cruel and merciless, and never lets go his prey once seized, Sleep is gentle and kindly, the bestower of rest and pleasant dreams, the soother of care and sorrow.Advertisement
- She is there represented as a mighty goddess, having power over heaven, earth and sea; hence she is the bestower of wealth and all the blessings of daily life.