Benzene-ring sentence example
- Piperic acid differs from piperonylic acid by the group C4H 4, and it was apparent that these carbon atoms must be attached to the carbon atom which appears in the carboxyl group of piperonylic acid, for if they were directly attached to the benzene ring polycarboxylic acids would result in oxidation.
- Benzene is very stable to oxidants, in fact resistance to oxidation is a strong characteristic of the benzene ring.
- He determined that definite absorption bands are only produced by substances in which three pairs of carbon atoms are doubly linked together, as in the benzene ring.
- An aromatic primary amine is one in which the -NH 2 group is attached directly to a benzene ring.
- This produces an electron which adds to the benzene ring to generate a radical anion.Advertisement
- An aromatic is a organic compound that contains a benzene ring in is molecule or has very similar chemical properties to benzene.
- Dry hydrogen chloride gas is used in some cases, but these tend to involve aromatic esters (ones containing a benzene ring ).
- An aryl halide has a halogen atom attached directly to a benzene ring.
- However, nitro groups make the ring much less reactive than the original benzene ring.
- The ring of this compound is ruptured by caustic soda with the formation of perchlorvinyl acrylic acid (5), which gives on reduction ethidine propionic acid (6), a compound containing five of the carbon atoms originally in the benzene ring (see Zincke, Ber., 18 94, 27, p. 33 6 4) (the carbon atoms are omitted in some of the formulae).Advertisement