Bell-ringing sentence example
- In 1652 he amused himself with ploughing and bell-ringing, In the Life he speaks of himself and his family as Wood or a Wood, the last form being a pedantic return to old usage adopted by himself.
- Bell-ringing and music were his chief relaxations.
- Mechanism is provided whereby the speed of the paper is doubled on receipt of a shock, an electric bell ringing at the same time to summon an attendant.
- He now crossed the Black Sea to Kaffa, then mainly occupied by the Genoese, and apparently the first Christian city he had seen, for he was much perturbed by the bell-ringing.
- A further application is that in bell-ringing, of the variations in order in which a peal of bells may be rung.Advertisement
- The odious vice of bell-ringing he renounced; but he still for a time ventured to go to the church tower and look on while others pulled the ropes.
- The lack of this basic human decency in their comments sent alarm bell ringing in my head.