Belittling sentence example
- In one respect Martineau was singularly happy; he just escaped the active and, on the whole, belittling period of the old Unitarian controversy.
- Look at the way he treated herâ€”always embarrassing and belittling her.
- If a promise ring may be seen as insulting or belittling, the couple may want to consider a very long engagement while they prepare for a life together, instead of making a lesser commitment.
- Emotional abuse can involve a withholding of love, terrorizing a child, isolating someone, ridiculing and belittling a child, and exposing a child to illicit behaviors.
- Look at the way he treated her—always embarrassing and belittling her.Advertisement
- Mr. Davis was shown on camera spanking his children with his hands and with a belt, belittling the kids and his wife and horrifically, slapping his young daughters in the face on more than one occasion.
- Scary videos of authentic ghosts shatter all of those things that used to bring us comfort as children, so many people resort to belittling the evidence or joking about the phenomenon.
- While the less serious forms of science fiction have always been quite beloved, to use the term generically, was for many a belittling.