Belgian-congo sentence example
- A considerable part of the trade, export and import, was in transit, chiefly with French Congo, which had no direct communication with the sea except through Belgian Congo.
- This was a notable addition not so much to the area as to the resources and population of the Belgian Congo.
- This railway would give the quickest means of access to British Central Africa and the southern part of Belgian Congo.
- From Mt Sabyino the frontier between Belgian Congo and the Uganda Protectorate goes in a direct line north to Mt Nkabwe, and thence along the Ishasha River, to its mouth on the S.E.
- The imports included the transit trade (with the Belgian Congo and German East Africa), which grew from £8460 in1903-1904to £82,615 in 1908-1909.Advertisement
- The transit trade in the last-named year included bullion valued at £33,000, being raw gold from the Kilo mines, Belgian Congo.
- It must not be confounded with the Belgian Congo.
- On the west, Unyoro includes nearly all the eastern shores of Albert Nyanza and a strip of territory - incorporated in Belgian Congo in 1910 - west of that lake.
- Situated in the equatorial zone, Belgian Congo shows, over the greater part of its area, only a slight variation of temperature all the year round.
- Forestry and mining are both undeveloped, but the syndicate which since 1908 has worked the Kasai diamond area of the Belgian Congo has also concessions on the Portuguese side, and in 1920 the output of diamonds from Angola was estimated at 120,000 carats.Advertisement
- The total area of Belgian Congo in 1920 was estimated at 928,000 sq.