Belay sentence example
- Broken rocks then lead to a good grass ledge with nut belay overlooking the gully.
- A running belay using chocks, nuts or similar devices.
- At the top, a traverse to the belay of Culloden was needed to avoid a huge heather cornice.
- Move right up to the ridge crest to belay.
- According to a study at Atlanta's Morehouse School of Medicine, researcher Tesfaye Belay, Ph.D determined that stress can make you physically sick by increasing stress hormones in the body which promote bacteria growth.Advertisement
- I stamp on my belay ledge to keep cozy and climbing cautiously above my last piece of gear I feel absorbed.
- A thread belay beneath the north-eastern side of the obelisk enables an abseil rope to be led through the saddle to seaward.
- So after our guide regained the safety of our belay stance he decided that going back down would be a good idea.
- Follow this easily until it steepens when more thought-provoking climbing leads to a belay on a grass ledge.
- Head left along ledges of unfrozen turf to a belay on Crescent Slabs (possible crux).Advertisement
- Once off the walkway, Dean ran down the path until he spotted a pile of equipment and what had been described as fixed belay.
- A good spike belay can be found by scrambling some 20m further up.
- Luckily we were both safely attached to the bolt belay anchors.