Behindhand sentence example
- We need not seek another paymaster; Christ will not be behindhand with us.
- Sonya was finishing dressing and so was the countess, but Natasha, who had bustled about helping them all, was behindhand.
- Consequently tliey exclude once for all from political supremacy all the different servants of God - Catholic, Protestant or Deist - as being at once behindhand and a cause of disturbance."
- While the Assyriologists have been making these astonishing revelations, the Egyptologists have not been behindhand.
- This town is said to have the largest houses for oxen, cows, and horses hereabouts, and it is not behindhand in its public buildings; but there are very few halls for free worship or free speech in this county.Advertisement
- As regards works of a scientific character, the Magyars until recently were confessedly behindhand as compared with many other European nations.