Behead sentence example
- Jerusalem was taken by storm; the Roman troops withdrew to behead Antigonus the usurper at Antioch.
- Gabe resisted the urge to behead the Immortal.
- They don't behead people, or amputate hands, or stone adulterers just for the fun of it.
- If we rightly hang thieves and behead robbers, why do we leave the greed of Rome unpunished ?
- A counter fanaticism was aroused in them, and for years the Martyrs of Cordoba continued to force the often reluctant cadis to behead them, by blaspheming the Prophet.Advertisement
- The only way to kill an Immmortal is to behead him, and the beheader absorbs the beheaded's power.
- To really make sure they don't come back, according to Dracula, you must also behead them and stuff their mouths with garlic.
- She watched him systematically behead or run through the three men, her stomach churning at the sight of so much death.
- Stephen Bathory, voivode of Transylvania and count of the Szeklers, for instance, ruled Transylvania like a Turkish pasha, and threatened to behead all who dared to complain of his exactions; " Stinking carrion," he said, was better than living Szeklers.
- Of works certainly executed by him during his years of travel there are extant, besides the Basel wood-block, only a much-injured portrait of himself, very finely dressed and in the first bloom of his admirable manly beauty, dated 1493 and originally painted on vellum but since transferred to canvas (this is the portrait of the Felix Goldschmid collection); a miniature painting on vellum at Vienna (a small figure of the Child-Christ); and some half a dozen drawings, of which the most important are the characteristic pen portrait of himself at Erlangen, with a Holy Family on the reverse much in the manner of Schongauer; another Holy Family in nearly the same style at Berlin; a study from the female nude in the Bonnat collection; a man and woman on horseback in Berlin; a man on horseback, and an executioner about to behead a young man, at the British Museum, &c. These drawings all show Diirer intent above all things on the sternly accurate delineation of ungeneralized individual forms by means of strongly accented outline and shadings curved, somewhat like the shadings of Martin Schongauer's engravings, so as to follow their modellings and roundness.Advertisement
- Henry could thus behead ministers and divorce wives with comparative impunity, because the individual appeared to be of little importance compared with the state.