Beguiled sentence example
- My sister is an excellent manipulator: she beguiled me into lending her my car – twice!
- Men are easily beguiled by attractive women.
- Tessa was absolutely beguiled by the beauty of the New Zealand landscape.
- But perhaps Caird's phrase " a perfect intelligence " has beguiled him into thinking that the one subject of universal experience is not mere mankind, but God Himself.
- And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.Advertisement
- Murray knew that his day of influence was over, and encouraged by the promises of Elizabeth, who was remonstrating violently against the match into which she had partly beguiled and partly forced Mary, he assumed a hostile attitude and was outlawed (6th of August 1565).
- An innocent young women, Charity was easily beguiled into giving money to the scam artist.
- She was beguiled by the romantic atmosphere of the foreign city.
- My grandfather beguiled us with stories of his adventures from his childhood in Africa.
- Over the summer Peyton's cousin was beguiled into joining a cult!Advertisement
- A similar fable of an original choice, in which the chooser is beguiled by appearances, recurs in Africa and North America (see the caskets in the Merchant of Venice).
- American citizens are regularly beguiled by the media's exaggerated news stories.
- I beguiled the rainy afternoon away with a long book and a warm cup of tea.
- Scott appeared in two films with Clint Eastwood: Dirty Harry and The Beguiled.
- Beguiled by the lights and noises, Lilly's toddler wandered off and got lost in the mall.Advertisement
- Lindsay felt that she had been beguiled into signing the rental contract.
- But perhaps Caird's phrase "a perfect intelligence" has beguiled him into thinking that the one subject of universal experience is not mere mankind, but God Himself.