Befits sentence example
- It ill befits a court to say that he was wrong.
- Expertly edited and attractively produced, moreover, the actual book truly befits its subject.
- They are not of our race, it is true, yet compassion well befits beings so fairly favored as ourselves.
- As befits such a gargantuan structure, one of the largest steerable radio telescopes in the world, its archive is vast.
- The dÃ©cor, in rather sudden primary colors, befits the hotel's modernity and youthful appeal.Advertisement
- Hes a big lad (8lb 9 at birth) and is nocturnal as befits a good techie.
- The minor characters of the honest old Huntley, whom the Scottish king obliges to bestow his daughter's hand upon Warbeck, and of her lover the faithful "Dalyell," are most effectively drawn; even "the men of judgment," the adventurers who surround the chief adventurer, are spirited sketches, and the Irishman among them has actually some humour; while the style of the play is, as befits a "Chronicle History," so clear and straightforward as to make it easy as well as interesting to read.
- "Sire, will you allow me to speak frankly as befits a loyal soldier?" he asked to gain time.
- The dÃ©cor, in rather sudden primary colors, befits the hotel 's modernity and youthful appeal.
- If the thought that things looked bad chanced to enter anyone's head, he tried to be as cheerful as befits a good soldier and not to think of the general trend of affairs, but only of the task nearest to hand.Advertisement
- Tails are typically docked to be level with the back of the skull, and are held upright.The Welsh's expression should display intelligence and good humor as befits his lively and inquisitive nature.
- Rusty Zipper: An adorable name befits this eclectic boutique.
- And as befits the famous swimmer for which they are named, they are also designed to stay in place while you swim - no embarrassing adjustments required.
- The company's in house craftsmen design each piece with utmost care, ensuring that they are of the highest quality, as befits the royalty that frequents the company.
- Lavish befits a princess with its white satin upper and delicate white flower embellishment along the ankle.Advertisement
- As befits such an eco-friendly hotel, the brunch does feature a number of healthy options, including a house-made granola with oats, honey, nuts and dried fruits as well as organic chicken and salmon.
- The above figure is coloured black as befits a funerary and nocturnal animal: it is more attenuated than even a greyhound, but it has the bushy tail of the fox or the jackal.