Bedstraw sentence example
- These include heath bedstraw, lesser stitchwort, yellow bartsia, tormentil cross-leaved heath and spotted orchids.
- The larval foodplants are cleavers, hedge bedstraw and primroses.
- The bedstraw plant is a common plant and includes species such as cleavers and lady's bedstraw plant is a common plant and includes species such as cleavers and lady's bedstraw.
- Wet patches are dominated by heath rush and here heath bedstraw is likely to be the only common herb.
- The herbaceous composition predominantly consists of marsh bedstraw, meadowsweet and ragged robin.Advertisement
- The grassland is dominated by blue moor-grass with herb species such as limestone bedstraw, carline thistle and wild thyme present.
- A county rarity, fen bedstraw, is also present.
- As well as marram grass there are a lot of flowering plants such as ladies bedstraw, northern marsh orchid and cowslip.
- Where Juncus spp. dominate, marsh bedstraw (Galium palustre) and greater bird's-foot trefoil (Lotus uliginosus) often sprawl among the rushes.
- Churchyards are often the only place where traditional meadow plants such as ladies ' bedstraw and meadow saxifrage can still flourish.Advertisement
- Species within the meadows include Yorkshire fog, great burnet, Lady's bedstraw, common knapweed, meadow vetchling and pepper saxifrage.
- The top fields are well drained and have a typical acid grassland community including species such as tormentil, heath bedstraw and heath speedwell.