Beaching sentence example
- A kick-up centerboard and swing-up rudder makes beaching or landing a snap.
- In those days it was a place of work with small colliers beaching themselves (deliberately) as the tide ebbed to off-load coal.
- March 9, 2003 A Pygmy sperm whale died Saturday night after beaching itself near the Holiday Inn on Ocean Drive.
- March 9, 2003 A pygmy sperm whale died Saturday night after beaching itself near the Holiday Inn on Ocean Drive.
- On the other hand the broad, gently-sloping, sandy beach is peculiarly fitted for sea-bathing, and in the absence of harbours permits the beaching of the characteristic flat-bottomed fishing boats.Advertisement
- Rule Iii.-Extinguishing Fire On Shipboard Damage done to a ship and cargo, or either of them, by water or otherwise, including damage by beaching or scuttling a burning ship, in extinguishing a fire on board the ship, shall be made good as G.A.; except that no compensation shall be made for damage to such portions of the ship and bulk cargo, or to such separate packages of cargo, as have been on fire.