Bayeux tapestry sentence example
- He rebuilt the cathedral of his see, and may perhaps have commissioned the unknown artist of the celebrated Bayeux tapestry.
- Fowke, The Bayeux Tapestry (London, 1898).
- - Stigand, Archbishop of Canterbury (1052-1070); from the Bayeux Tapestry.
- Arnold, London, 1879); and his prowess is depicted on the Bayeux tapestry.
- vi.; Gentleman's Magazine, 1837; Bolton Corney, Researches and Conjectures on the Bayeux Tapestry (1836-1838); A.Advertisement
- Fowke, The Bayeux Tapestry (ed.
- The Bayeux Tapestry >>
- The Bayeux tapestry affords, however, valuable contemporary evidence, and there are some facts related by eye-witnesses in the works of William of Poitiers and William of Jumiges.
- full-scale replica of the Bayeux Tapestry or a reconstruction of an Iron Age House.
- Discover a full-scale replica of the Bayeux Tapestry or a reconstruction of an Iron Age House.Advertisement
- The museum contains the celebrated Bayeux tapestry (see below).