Battler sentence example
- In the meantime his quarrels with Urraca had not deterred Alphonso, who is surnamed the Battler in Aragonese history, from taking Saragossa in 1118, and from defeating the Almorvides at the decisive battle of Cutanda in 1120.
- crook glory days rekindled Going where the Eagles dare Polly remembered as a battler in.. .
- remembered as a battler in.. .
- and the Battler, the title had been little more than a flourish of rhetoric. Alphonso VII.
- Simon Lynch says: best battler that ever steped on a football pitch samantha smith says: is david into superbike racing?Advertisement
- was crowned emperor in 1135 after the death of the Battler.
- or the Battler.
- [Four other kings of Aragon, besides the Battler, bore the name of Alphonso.
- of Aragon (1162-1196) was the son of Raymond Berenger, count of Barcelona, and of Petronilla, niece of Alphonso the Battler, and daughter of Ramiro surnamed the Monk.
- Though christened Ramon (Raymond), the favourite name of his line, he reigned as Alphonso out of a wish to please his Aragonese subjects, to whom the memory of the Battler was dear.Advertisement
- ALPHONSO I., king of Aragon, "the Battler," who married Urraca, daughter of Alphonso VI.
- Alphonso the Battler won his great successes in the middle Ebro, where he expelled the Moors from Saragossa; in the great raid of 1125, when he carried away a large part of the subject Christians from Granada, and in the south-west of France, where he had rights as king of Navarre.