Battlemented sentence example
- The buildings were usually battlemented in fantastic form.
- The Piazza dei Signori contains picturesque brick battlemented palaces - the Salone del Gran Consiglio (1184) and the Palazzo del Commune (1268).(1268).
- The picturesque battlemented campanile belongs to 1213.
- Only the minaret of the mosque, dating from the 14th century, and the battlemented wall, flanked by two towers, remain of its former magnificence.
- A very picturesque battlemented bridge leads from it to the other shore, sloping down over three arches of different sizes, the fortifica- largest next to the castle and the smallest at the other boas.Advertisement
- In the market square stands a fine market cross of the 16th century, borne upon an octagonal battlemented basement.
- The city has a well-built and substantial appearance, its chief attraction lying in the numerous churches, which belong in the main to a well-marked basilican type, and present almost too richly decorated exteriors, fine apsidal ends and quadrangular campaniles, in some cases with battlemented summits, and windows increasing in number as they ascend.
- At the west stands the stately battlemented square tower, 90 ft.
- A four-storey battlemented tower with massive corner buttresses was built in 1816 adjoining the north aisle, to replace an earlier structure.
- The house he built for himself was tall and compact, its five stepped gables flanked by battlemented towers on either side.Advertisement
- Battlemented parapet with a molded string course below which is a frieze similar to that on the north aisle.
- The grand front faces the east, and is flanked by battlemented towers carrying small watch turrets.
- Second string course accompanied by waterspouts, just below battlemented parapet.
- The width is about 25 ft.; from bastion to bastion runs a battlemented curtained wall about 10 ft.