Battle cry sentence example
- This prophecy became the battle-cry of the Sikhs in the assault on Delhi in 18J7.
- He approved of the subsequent decision of the Labour party to sever itself from the Coalition, and to appeal to the electorate in Dec. 1918 for independent support, announcing as his own battle-cry " No more war."
- The cult of Athena Itonia, whose earliest seat appears to have been amongst the Thessalians, who used her name as a battle-cry, made its way to Coronea in Boeotia, where her sanctuary was the seat of the Pamboeotian confederacy.
- " was now the battle-cry.
- The ubi materia ibi geometria of the one is the battle-cry of the mathematico-physical advance.Advertisement
- SPIKE OR DIE is the battle cry in this volleyball free-for-all.
- Cobden, who had travelled in Turkey, and had studied the condition of that country with great care for many years, discredited the outcry about maintaining the independence and integrity of the Ottoman empire which was the battle-cry of the day.
- When war was declared, and fortune at first went against the colonists, Paine, who was then serving with General Greene as volunteer aide-de-camp, wrote the first of a series of influential tracts called The Crisis, of which the opening words, "These are the times that try men's souls," became a battle-cry.
- Don't you remember how the Champion escaped them by shouting his battle-cry?
- It was evident that their battle-cry was "Conquer or die."Advertisement