Battle-axe sentence example
- battle-axe, pouring out great store of costly jewels and gold.
- The polished battle-axe was more used in Grand Canary, while stone and obsidian, roughly cut, were commoner in Teneriffe.
- He accustomed himself to ride the " great horse," to tilt at the quintain, to wield the sword and battle-axe, to swim and climb, to run and leap, and to bear the weight and overcome the embarrassments of armour.
- Fighting Weapons.The battle-axe has been described above with axes.
- The principal weapons of the Irish soldiers were a lance, a sword and a shield; though prior to the Anglo-Norman invasion they had adopted the battle-axe from the Scandinavians.Advertisement
- She later became landlady of the Plow Inn, where she gained a formidable reputation as a regular battle-axe.
- The Nerf N-Force Warlock is a medieval-style battle axe in yellow.