Bathsheba sentence example
- 5, on the other hand, Solomon was the fourth, or rather the fifth, child of Bathsheba and David.
- Bathsheba's influence added a new element of danger to the usual jealousies of the harem, and two of David's sons perished in vain attempts to claim the throne, which she appears to have viewed as the rightful inheritance of her own child.
- SOLOMON' (loth century B.e.), the son of David by Bathsheba, and his successor in the kingdom of Israel.
- He was not the true heir to the throne, but was the son of David by Bathsheba, wife of Uriah the Hittite, whom David sent to his death "in the forefront of the battle."
- Bathsheba, relying upon David's promise that Solomon should succeed him, vigorously advanced her son's claims with the support of Zadok the priest, the military officer Benaiah, and David's bodyguard; Adonijah, for his part, had David's old priest Abiathar, the commander Joab, and the men of Judah.Advertisement
- Hearing, however, that Solomon, with the help of Nathan the prophet and Bathsheba, and apparently with the consent of David, had ascended the throne, he fled for safety to the horns of the altar.
- 13 ff.), because with the approval of Bathsheba he wished to marry Abishag, formerly David's concubine, and thus seemed to have designs on the throne.
- The story of David and Bathsheba, an incident placed in the account of the Ammonite campaign, upon which it now depends (x.-xii.; with x.
- 21 seq.), and again with i Kings i., where Adonijah's revolt rouses Bathsheba to persuade David to fulfil some promise of his to recognize her young son Solomon as his heir (i.
- deep fall in the matter of Bathsheba (xi.) was too great an iniquity to be passed over lightly, and the base murder of her Viz.Advertisement
- He was possibly the grandfather of Bathsheba (see 2 Sam.
- Much of the club wear you'll find at Bathsheba's Fashion is available for full-figured women starting at size 1X, but not all dresses go up to 4X or 5X, so make sure the dress you like is available in the size you need.
- Bathsheba's Fashion carries more than just Old Glory swimsuits.
- Bathsheba: A dot-printed halterneck that ties at the back with matching briefs that tie at the hips.