Bated sentence example
- The words forced themselves out of her mouth and she gazed up at him with bated breath.
- The ancient Indian ritual for the sacrifice to the Fathers required the officiating priest to turn away with bated breath that he might not see the spirits engaged upon the rice-balls laid out for them.
- With bated breath and beating heart he moved toward the Rhetor (by which name the brother who prepared a seeker for entrance into the Brotherhood was known).
- She stood with her slender arms hanging down, her scarcely defined bosom rising and falling regularly, and with bated breath and glittering, frightened eyes gazed straight before her, evidently prepared for the height of joy or misery.
- Since the 2001 release of Peter Molyneux's PC hit, Black & White, the gaming community has waited with bated breath to see what revolutionary steps he would take with his jump to console gaming.Advertisement
- The public at large can only watch with bated breath to see what is going to happen to Jamie Lynn's career.
- People waited with bated breath to hear Rihanna's side of the story as she has remained pretty tight lipped since the incident that left her bruised and battered.
- Of course, all fans of the teenage vampire novels waited with bated breath for the next set of trailers, and to see the Italian vampire clan: The Volturi.
- Urbanites who want the room of an SUV without the gas mileage or space concerns will wait with bated breath for the Granite.