Bate sentence example
- With regard to the accessions to knowledge in the enormous group of the genuine Macrura, reference need only be made to the extensive reports in which Spence Bate, S.
- Then Goodsir, Kroyer, Lilljeborg, Spence Bate and one or two others made considerable advances, and in 1865 a memorable paper by G.
- (After Spence Bate and Westwood.) C, cephalon.
- A complete edition of his publications, edited by Robert Spearman and Julius Bate, appeared in 1748 (12 vols.); an Abstract of these followed in 1 753; and a Supplement, with Life by Spearman prefixed, in 1765.
- Georg Agricola, De re metallica (Basel, 1556); Percy Bate, English Table Glass (n.d.); G.Advertisement
- (After Spence Bate.) A, Nauplius.
- (Spence Bate.) r, Rostral spine.
- I'll not bate ye a pin on ' t, sir; for, by this cudgel, tis true.
- Spence Bate maintained that the Schizopoda ought not to form a separate order, but to be ranged as a macruran tribe, "more nearly allied to the degraded forms of the Penaeidea than to those of any other group" ("Challenger" Reports, " Macrura," p. 472, 1888).
- Based in the School of Physics, Dr. Bate 's research centers on producing supercomputer simulations of fluid dynamics.Advertisement
- But Mrs Bate has a small locket with a tiny picture of her mother and father inside.
- Jennifer Bate is a concert organist who is known for her use of great ' color ' on the organ.