Batatas sentence example
- The tubers of Ipomaea Batatas are rich in starch and sugar, and, as the "sweet potato," form one of the most widely distributed foods in the warmer parts of the earth.
- crenata), or latent, as in the Chinese yam (Dioscorea Batatas).
- The natives grow several kinds of bananas, yams and batatas, maize, pea-nuts, sugar-cane, sorghum and pepper.
- The "common potatoes" of which Gerard speaks are the tubers of Ipomoea Batatas, the sweet potato, which nowadays would not in Great Britain be spoken of as common.
- ipomoea batatas I. batatas is a crop plant which produces large, tapered, starchy, sweet-tasting tuberous roots.Advertisement