Basting sentence example
- You'll want to test this with basting or safety pins before you sew.
- Run a basting stitch all around the edge of the pouch about two inches from the edge.
- You can keep the grease from creating a mess, catching on fire and use the grease for basting, if necessary.
- Broiling requires constant attention and frequent basting to prevent the meat from becoming tough.
- Hand whisks, basting bulbs, and egg beaters require coordination and are fun to use.Advertisement
- Basting an engraved holiday ornament underneath the skirt for the couple's first Christmas and for luck.
- After two hours, remove cheesecloth, and continue basting the turkey every 30 minutes.
- The roaster oven creates heat and steam to cook the meat and lock in juices so repeated basting and checking is unnecessary.
- You can use long basting stitches to mark the general outline of the pattern, or mark it with chalk, soap or a washable fabric pen.
- An alternate method for creating a heart is to draw a pencil heart on the front of a shirt, then use basting stitches to sew around the edge of the heart.Advertisement