Basted sentence example
- In the burntofferings of male kine to Isis, the carcase of the steer, after evisceration, was filled with fine bread, honey, raisins, figs, frankincense, myrrh and other aromatics, and thus stuffed was roasted, being basted all the while by pouring over it large quantities of sweet oil, and then eaten with great festivity.
- He is roasted over a slow fire and basted with boiling oil, but tells his tormentors that by the grace of Jesus Christ he feels nothing.
- basted turkey, roasted in the oven.
- basted again and then left to cool.
- After the meal, diners nibble on Paan, a blend of cardamom, aniseed, sugar and grated coconut that has been wrapped in a lime basted betel pepper leaf.Advertisement