Basket-work sentence example
- The characteristic craft for local service in the immediate environment of Bagdad is the kufa, a circular boat of basket-work covered with bitumen, often of a size sufficient to carry five or six horses and a dozen men.
- In the case of the squamous epithelial cancer of the anterior abdominal wall found so frequently in the natives of Kashmir, the position of the cancer is peculiar to this people, and is due to the chronic irritation following on repeated burns from using the " kangri " - a small earthenware vessel containing a charcoal fire enclosed in basket-work, and suspended round the waist, to assist in maintaining warmth in the extreme cold of the hills of Kashmir.
- purpurea; planted on rich, well-drained soil, subject to occasional immersion, this willow may be grown profitably for basket-work.
- To these may be added wool-weaving, centred at Sedan, and minor industries such as the manufacture of basket-work, wooden shoes, &c. Coal and raw wool are prominent imports, while iron goods, cloth, timber, live-stock, alcohol and the products of the soil are exported.
- A variety of mountain bamboo is found in southern and parts of eastern Tibet, and is much used for basket work.Advertisement
- The industries include brewing, saw-milling, leather-making and the manufacture of basket-work and wooden shoes, and there is trade in agricultural produce and cattle.
- The subjects of the earlier of these examples are imitations of cordage, of marbling, and of basket-work; later there are rows of men and animals, and ships (Plate I.
- At feasts the food is served on large earthenware dishes with high basket-work covers, like bee-skeps but twice as high.
- The only navigation on any portion of its course is carried on in boats of basket-work.
- Manufactures are few and undeveloped, but lace from the aloe fibre, Turkey carpets and basket-work are produced by the villagers, and boats are built at both the principal towns.Advertisement
- Among their simple arts, plaiting and basket-work was one in which they approached the civilized level.
- Along with willow and split alder, they have also found use for cane seating and basket work.