Basic slag sentence example
- A year or two later field trials were begun in England, with the final result that basic slag has become recognized as a valuable source of phosphorus for growing crops, and is now in constant demand for application to the soil as a fertilizer.
- In a natural state it is obtained from bones, guano and wood ashes; and in an artificial condition from basic slag or Thomas's phosphate, coprolites and superphosphate of lime.
- Further, an important part of the silicon may be removed in the mixer by keeping it very hot and covering the metal with a rather basic slag.
- in presence of a basic slag and in a basicor neutral-lined furnace; or in the acid and undephosphorizing way, in presence of an acid, i.e.
- Now in an acid-lined converter the slag is necessarily acid, because even an initially basic slag would immediately corrode away enough of the acid lining to make itself acid.Advertisement