Basement-membrane sentence example
- An air-tube consists of an epithelium of large polygonal cells with a thin basement-membrane externally and y a chitinous layer internally, the lastnamed being continuous with the outer cuticle.
- In Carinella, Cephalothrix and Polia, as well as in all Metanemertines, the basement membrane of the skin already alluded to is particularly strong and immediately applied upon the muscular layers.
- The difference in the appearance of the basement membrane - sometimes wholly homogeneous, sometimes eminently fibrillar = can more especially be observed in differently preserved specimens of the genus Polia.
- The connective tissue of the integument and basement membrane imperceptibly merges into that which surrounds the muscular bundles as they are united into denser and definite layers, and this is especially marked in those forms (Akrostomum) where the density of the muscular body-wall has considerably diminished, and the connective tissue has thus become much more prominent.
- B, Basement membrane.Advertisement
- The nuchal skeleton is a non-cellular laminated thickening of basement-membrane underlying that portion of the stomochord which lies between the above-mentioned pouches and the orifice into the throat.
- - At the base of the epidermis (which is in general ciliated) there is over the entire surface of the body a layer of nervefibres, occurring immediately outside the basement-membrane which separates the epidermis from the subjacent musculature.
- Correlated with the presence of the genital pleurae there is a pair of vascular folds of the basement membrane proceeding from the dorsal wall of the gut in the postbranchial portion of the branchio-genital region, and from the dorsal angles made by the pleural folds with the body-wall in the pharyngeal region; they pass, in their most fully developed condition, to the free border of the genital pleurae.
- The ocular surface as part of the mucosal immune system: kinetics of immune cell traffic across basement membrane of the human conjunctiva.
- The basement membrane is an example of extracellular matrix, the subject of the next lecture.Advertisement
- In most Heteronemertines these elements are separated by a thin homogeneous basement membrane (fig.
- In the Heteronemertines there is a layer in which the cutaneous elements are largely represented below the thin basement membrane (fig.
- There are also other effects, such as thickening of the basement membrane in the skin and tiny clusters of capillaries (glomeruli) in the kidney.