Base-metals sentence example
- In the narrow sense of the word, alchemy is the pretended art of making gold and silver, or transmuting the base metals into the noble ones.
- Some are in Greek and demotic, and one, of peculiar interest from the chemical point of view, gives a number of receipts, in Greek, for the manipulation of base metals to form alloys which simulate gold and are intended to be used in the manufacture of imitation jewellery.
- The second process depends upon the fact that, if chlorine be led into the molten alloy, the base metals and the silver are converted into chlorides.
- It is especially suitable to gold containing little silver and base metals - a character of Australian gold - but it yields to the sulphuric acid and electrolytic methods in point of economy.
- transmutation of base metals into precious metals.Advertisement
- A longtime goal of the alchemists was the transmutation of base metals into precious metals.
- The rest of the earring can be made from base metals or plastics as these are not in direct contact with the skin.
- If poor quality base metals are used skin irritations can be caused which are unpleasant and irritating.
- Some base metals may cause a skin allergy.