Base metal sentence example
- Metalliferous products containing silver arise in many operations; the chief products which may yield silver economically are copper and lead mattes, burnt argentiferous pyrites and certain drosses and scums. Argentiferous ores consist of silver-bearing base-metal minerals and gangue.
- The ore, supposed to have been salt-roasted, is charged loosely into the leaching vat and treated with water (to which sulphuric acid or copper sulphate may have been added), to remove soluble salts, which might later on be precipitated with the silver (base-metal chlorides), or overcharge the solution (sodium chloride and sulphate), or interfere with the solvent power (sodium sulphate).
- Even the best "fine" silver of commerce contains a few thousandth-parts of copper or other base metal.
- Old-fashioned bristle shaving brush; shaving bowl; cut throat razor; base-metal pocket watch.
- We can also supply a range of base metal clasps and 9ct gold and silver clasps, pearls, cultured pearls and simulated pearls.Advertisement
- Roger Bacon - or more probably some one who usurped his name - declared that with a certain amount of the philosopher's stone he could transmute a million times as much base metal into gold, and on Raimon Lull was fathered the boast, " Mare tingerem si mercurius esset."
- The medal was originally made from silver, although later issues have been made from a silver-plated base metal.
- For example, take his assertion that he has transmuted a base metal into gold.
- Some smaller anomalies are probably derived from weak base metal vein mineralization.
- Gold Plated - this is a wire made from a base metal such as copper which is coated with a thin layer of gold.Advertisement
- The coating can quickly wear off and may become damaged by scratches exposing the base metal underneath.
- The plating off of plated metals may wear thin allowing the base metal to show through.
- Plated settings, such as silver plate, make wear over time and this will expose the base metal.
- Silver vs. base metal - Make sure that the necklace is silver and not a base metal.
- White gold plated rings - these are promise rings that are formed from a base metal which is covered in a layer of white gold.Advertisement
- A plated metal ring is created using a base metal which is coated with a precious metal.
- While novelty puzzle rings are often crafted from base metal or sterling silver, wedding bands in this style usually incorporated precious metals like platinum.
- Most bead stores will have base metal beads, gold-filled beads, 18K gold beads, sterling silver beads, and vermeil beads.