Base-court sentence example
- The bailey or base-court containing other buildings and covering three times the area of the château extended between it and the village.
- The base court nearest to the outer wall contained the buildings belonging to the functions of the body as agriculturists and employers of labour.
- This inner gate conducted into the base court (T), round which were placed the barns, stables, cow-sheds, &c. On the eastern side stood the dormitory of the lay brothers, fratres conversi (G), detached from the cloister, with cellars and storehouses below.
- On the south end projects the refectory (K), with its kitchen at I, accessible from the base court.
- Base court.Advertisement
- The bailey or base-court containing other buildings and covering three times the area of the chÃ¢teau extended between it and the village.