Bascules sentence example
- This is a suspension bridge with a central portion, between two lofty and massive stone towers, consisting of bascules which can be raised by hydraulic machinery to admit the passage of vessels.
- The bascules rotate through an angle of 82°, and their rear ends in the bascule chambers of the piers carry 365 tons of counterweight, the total weight of each being 1070 tons.
- The opening bridge between the river towers consists of two leaves or bascules, pivoted near the faces of the piers and rotating in a vertical plane.
- There are two high-level footways for use when the bascules are raised, the main girders of which are of the cantilever and suspended girder type.
- The two bascules are each constructed with four main girders.Advertisement
- A more common type is a bridge with two leaves or bascules, one hinged at each abutment.
- The weight of ballast in the short arms of the bascules is 365 tons.
- The bascules ?1N?? ? ?
- clear, with balanced bascules over the centre span.
- The bascules rotate through an angle of 82Ã‚°, and their rear ends in the bascule chambers of the piers carry 365 tons of counterweight, the total weight of each being 1070 tons.Advertisement
- long, and the bascules can be lifted or lowered in one minute, ?®?+? ? ::=::IAr':..
- the bascules are locked at the centre (see fig.