Basal-cell sentence example
- The basal cell has less chlorophyll than the others, and is expanded and fixed firmly to the rock on which the plant grows by the basal surface, rh, thus forming a rudimentary rhizoid.
- Whether B, Formation of the first sporethe association of nuclei in the mother-cell (sm), from the ordinary mycelium takes place basal cell (a) of one of the by the migration of a nucleus rows of spores.
- They soon fall off, and it is from the persistent basal cell that the branches of unlimited growth arise.
- Exposure to UVB increases the risk of basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, two forms of non-melanoma skin cancer.
- This lesion is variously known a a seborrhoeic keratosis, basal cell papilloma or seborrhoeic wart.Advertisement
- We focus on tumors of the head and neck, breast, lower gastro-intestinal tract, prostate and basal cell carcinoma of the skin.
- Most skin cancers fall under the category of basal cell.
- Dr. Leffell: Any spot that bleeds, heals up and then bleeds again more likely than not is a basal cell skin cancer.
- It appears in my practice, as well as in the practices of others who specialize in skin cancer, that more and more people in their 20s and 30s are developing basal cell cancer and squamous cell cancer.
- Even if the skin change is small, the cancer could still be growing somewhere else inside your body.Advanced basal cell cancer can look like a large bump or a big area of abnormal skin.Advertisement
- A symptom you may notice if you have contracted basal cell carcinoma is a bump on your face or neck that feels waxy or has a pearl quality to it.
- There are three main types of skin cancer: basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and malignant melanoma.
- Although the term "melanoma" is heard frequently on medical TV shows, the most common type of skin cancer is basal cell carcinoma, affecting over a million people a year in the States alone.
- More than 90 percent of all cases of skin cancer in the US are basal cell carcinomas.
- The symptoms of basal cell carcinoma will either be small, pearly nodules or what appear to be flat, waxy scars.Advertisement
- As with basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma most often appears first on sun-exposed skin, although it can occur anywhere on the body.
- Below is an example of a basal cell carcinoma.