Barricaded sentence example
- After much unnecessary delay, at a time when prompt action was required, the prince on the 23rd of September entered Brussels and, with little opposition, occupied the upper or court portion of it, but when they attempted to advance into the lower town the troops found the streets barricaded and defended by citizens in arms. Desultory fighting between the soldiers and the insurgents continued for three days until, finding that he was making no headway, the prince ordered a retreat.
- barricaded door.
- barricaded the school gates.
- Four men then barricaded themselves inside the ferry with two other ships blockaded in the port.
- barricaded off with bright yellow railings in late 2005.Advertisement
- The towns and seaports are to be found as a rule at or near the mouths of those rivers which are not barricaded too efficiently by bars formed of mud or sand.
- Two days after the departure of the Simons the prisoner is said by the Restoration historians to have been put in a dark room which was barricaded like the cage of a wild animal.
- When the French left wing and centre reached the Sambre bridges, at Marchienne and Charleroi, they found them held and strongly barricaded, and the cavalry were powerless to force the passage.
- The mob seized the town and barricaded the streets; Dresden was almost destitute of troops; and the king fled to the Konigstein.
- The firing ~ eme ceased on the following day, but the troubles of the granted people were rather increased than assuaged; murders the and robberies were daily committed by the soldiery, pRSh~tI~ the shops were all shut and some of the streets barricaded.Advertisement
- At that time, Spears had taken Jayden and barricaded herself in one of the rooms in her home, refusing to come out and hand the child over.
- If you have requested to have your street blocked off for the party, you can start setting up in the street as soon as the road has been barricaded.
- Logan was an accountant, not a security guard, yet he barricaded the doors with furniture before bed in case there were criminals wandering the beach.