Barricade sentence example
- But in any case, here was a barricade 190-207 ft.
- The Acropolis had been dismantled as a fortress after the expulsion of Hippias; its defenders against the Persians found it necessary to erect a wooden barricade at its entrance.
- Players can barricade doors with chairs and boxes, destroy or move cabinets and tables and interact fully with their surroundings.
- A double row of overturned coaches made a capital barricade, with a few paving stones.
- sandbag barricade leaving just one foot of its standing.Advertisement
- He said there seemed to be a " cultural barricade " around Birmingham and a reluctance to accept ideas from elsewhere.
- He was shot near the rubble barricade in front of Rossville Flats.
- Accordingly, in spite of the warning of General Cavaignac, he mounted the barricade at the entrance to the Faubourg St Antoine, bearing a green branch as sign of peace.
- The enemy advanced of the sap, blowing up a sandbag barricade leaving just one foot of its standing.
- Numbly, she rolled over to a pile of grain sacks they had put up as a barricade.Advertisement
- In order to avoid bloodshed, he went down to the insurgents on the barricade, but was seized by them, imprisoned, and for some time his life was in danger.
- Few things of the kind are superior to the sketch of the early barricade of the Fronde in which the writer had so great a share, the hesitations of the court, the bold adventure of the coadjutor himself into the palace and the final triumph of the insurgents.
- Barricade >>