Barrès sentence example
- On the right bank of the Savoureuse he constructed two new forts, Bellevue in the south-west and Des Barres to the west, and, further, he prepared the suburb on this side for a hand-to-hand defence.
- At last, resorting to the south again as a refuge from ill-health, and recognizing soon that the relief it could give him was almost spent, he resolved that it should not be for him, in the words of Maurice Barres, a "tombe fleurie," and he returned, hastily, weak and sinking, to his home at Deauville, that he might at least die within sight of Channel waters and under Channel skies.
- Maurice Barres >>
- ballet barres.
- A full range of accessories is available from roll storage carts to roll bags and straps, floor tapes and ballet barres.Advertisement
- Bellevue and Des Barres became very active in hindering the advance of the siege works, and the German battalions were so far depleted by losses and sickness that they could often muster but 300 men for duty.
- Look for a clean and safe studio, with barres that are securely mounted to the walls.
- Most dance studios, even those that do not offer ballet classes, are equipped with a few pieces of standard equipment, including ballet barres and a huge mirror covering one wall.
- Barres can be placed along one, two, three, or even all four sides of a room in order to increase the number of students who can practice, stretch, and work out in any given studio.
- The most important thing to remember when installing ballet barres in your dance studio is safety.Advertisement
- Unless you are a professional wood worker with lots of experience, it is not a good idea to make your own barres.
- While ballet barres can be expensive to buy and install, they are one of the most essential pieces of equipment for a dance studio, which means that it is not something to look for a good deal on.
- In terms of installation, barres should be very securely fastened to the floor, and sometimes fastened to the wall as well.
- Although portable ballet barres can be a great solution in studios that have multiple purposes or that have limited space, safety is also an important consideration for portable barres.
- Always adhere to the safety recommendations, including on what types of surfaces to use the barres, and how many students (and of what age/size) should use any one barre at a time.Advertisement
- This also goes for ballet barres brought into homes for practice; careful supervision and instruction can help prevented accidents and injuries.
- Regardless of the type of barre or where it is installed, ballet classes without barres are extremely rare.