Barnacle sentence example
- Dustin followed up, removing the other barnacle in similar fashion.
- Free living barnacle larvae are chemically attracted to barnacle larvae are chemically attracted to barnacle shells and tend to settle among established adults.
- The shape of the plates, vary between acorn barnacle species so providing a good means of identification.
- It was during this time that the legend of the " goose barnacle " started.
- In the plankton sessions we found copepods with their egg sacs, barnacle larve andsome diatoms under the highest magnification.Advertisement
- Here you can see the barnacle encrusted Alum Bay wooden gun carriage wheel brought up by divers in 2002.
- On tuesday I came accross a barnacle goose in Combe Haven valley.
- Laptops valued at more thant £ 100,000 were stolen from the delivery van which was later found burnt out at Top Road, Barnacle.
- His adventures include escapades with a number of characters, including Sandy Cheeks, Squidward Tentacles, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- The challenge is to dive undersea to save the Krabby Patty secret recipe while performing delicate surgery on SpongeBob's Barnacle Brain, Evil Thoughts and Clammy Hands without giving him a shock by setting off the buzzer.Advertisement
- A large species of barnacle, Balanus psittacus, is found in great abundance from Concepcion to Puerto Montt, and is not only eaten by the natives, by whom it is called Pico, but is also esteemed a great delicacy in the markets of Valparaiso and Santiago.
- The vernacular name barnacle, traceable to the fable of pedunculate cirripedes hatching out into bernicle geese, has also been transferred to the sessile cirripedes, which are popularly known as acorn barnacles.
- It was not till Vaughan Thompson demonstrated, in 1830, their development from a free-swimming and typically Crustacean larva that it came to be recognized that, in Huxley's graphic phrase, "a barnacle may be said to be a Crustacean fixed by its head and kicking the food into its mouth with its legs."