Barn-owl sentence example
- There will be a chance to look for bats and moths and also to see a barn owl.
- I've watched the barn owl quartering the fields most afternoons when I've been working there; which makes for a pleasant interlude.
- A resident barn owl also lives at the crag in the second born crack.
- Stuart Excel made two fabulous barn owl boxes, which were put up by the Broxton barn owl boxes, which were put up by the Broxton Barn owl group, earlier this year.
- The Owl group dissected barn owl pellets, which revealed the number of field voles taken by barn owl pellets, which revealed the number of field voles taken by barn owls.Advertisement
- Other birds of prey include peregrine, goshawk, merlin and barn owl.
- Two barn owl nest boxes were erected and an otter chamber holt dug.
- A late walk produced great horned owl and Barn owl.
- In the fields on the far side watched a barn owl hunting the other evening while taking the mutts for a walk.
- The barn owl is a familiar bird, famed for it rasping screech which accounts for its other name the ' screech owl ' .Advertisement
- The Owl group dissected barn owl pellets, which revealed the number of field voles taken by barn owls.
- Our next stop was under a road bridge where we got superb views of a Barn Owl on its daytime roost.
- Orfraie "again is occasionally interchanged with Effraie (which, through such dialectical forms as Fresaie, Fressaia, is said to come from the Latin praesaga), the ordinary French name for the barn-owl, Aluco fiammeus (see OWL).
- The avifauna include - among the birds of prey - the red-shouldered hawk, red-tailed hawk, marsh hawk, Cooper's hawk, sharp-shinned hawk and sparrow hawk; the great horned owl, the barn owl and the screech owl; and bald eagles are not uncommon in the mountainous regions along the larger rivers.
- The socalled Egyptian eagle owl (Bubo ascalaphus) is rather rare, but the barn owl is common.Advertisement
- The turkey-buzzard and the barn-owl are resident.