Barleycorn sentence example
- The barley-corn has been personified as representing the malt liquor made from barley, as in Burns's song "John Barleycorn."
- 26, called the " barleycorn," and 27, called the " bead."
- The fore-sight of the British service " short " Lee-Enfield (1903) has guards and also a lateral adjustment of the barleycorn.
- The convivial verse, at its best in Dunbar's Testament of Mr Andrew Kennedy, may be studied in Quhy sould nocht Allane honorit be, one of the many eulogies of John Barleycorn anticipatory of Burns's well-known piece.
- darksome pit With water to the brim, They heaved in John Barleycorn, There let him sink or swim.Advertisement
- Burns's John Barleycorn); but it is better to refer it to the tearing of the flesh of the victim at sacrifices at which the deity or the sacred animal was slain, and sacramentally eaten raw (cf.
- Robert Burns's John Barleycorn).