Barge-in sentence example
- Athanaric waged, from 367 to 369, an unsuccessful war with the emperor Valens, and the peace by which the war was ended was ratified by the Roman and Gothic rulers meeting on a barge in mid-stream of the Danube.
- From engineer records it was constructed out of solid timber trestles with a canal barge in the center.
- It lifted for a moment, and the captain, seeing he was heading for the western pier, went full speed astern, then ahead with the starboard engine, and with a barge in front of him drove into the canal.
- I don't want to just barge in to a conversation that she is having.
- You don't have to barge in the middle of a conversation and interrupt her.Advertisement
- If some poor soul thinks he can just barge in and take over, he'll find himself on his way out the door, usually head first.