Bargain for sentence example
- Punch him, grab the amulet, bargain for her freedom.
- Pompey was satisfied by the ratification of his acts in Asia, and by the assignment of the Campanian state domains to his veterans, the capitalists (with whose interests Crassus was identified) had their bargain for the farming of the Asiatic revenues cancelled, Ptolemy Auletes received the confirmation of his title to the throne of Egypt (for a consideration amounting to i,50o,000), and a fresh act was passed for preventing extortion by provincial governors.
- He accordingly, in 1687, entered into a bargain for its sale to Chikka Deva, raja of Mysore, for three lakhs of rupees; but before it could be completed, Kasim Khan, commander of the forces of Aurangzeb, marched upon the place and entered it almost without resistance.
- James' attempt to obtain further supplies from the Commons by opening a bargain for the surrender of some of his old feudal prerogatives, such as wardship and marriage, which had no longer any real meaning except as a means of obtaining money in an oppressive way, broke down, and early in 1611 he dissolved his first parliament in anger.
- Coming from the sweet human before him, however, the news made Gabriel want to bargain for entry into Hell just so he could destroy those dealers who thought it was okay to hurt her.Advertisement
- If she had the amulet and could bargain for protection --and one of them not eating her in exchange for her freedom --she wondered if she couldn't escape.
- Jamess attempt to obtain further supplies from the Commons by opening a bargain for the surrender of some of his old feudal prerogatives, such as wardship and marriage, which had no longer any real meaning except as a means of obtaining money in an oppressive way, broke down, and early in 16i1 he dissolved his first parliament in anger.
- While it may seem like much more of a bargain for you and your buddies to get together on a sunny Saturday afternoon to install your new car alarm, you are probably better off leaving it to the professionals.
- Either way, it is a bargain for those who know how to purchase tax liens.
- If the agent can't get a lower price, see if he or she can bargain for extras, such as an upgraded cabin or a free shore excursion.Advertisement
- This is a great bargain for someone who wants freshly ground coffee, but doesn't necessarily drink coffee every day.
- Occasionally, when an editor I work with asks for an article from me that will demonstrably require more work—multiple interviews instead of one, for example—I might be able to bargain for a slightly higher fee.
- Browse around the various available coupon codes to find the best bargain for what you want to purchase.
- Try before you buy: Even if you find an expensive pair of shoes slashed to 75 percent off, if it doesn't fit, it's not a bargain for you.
- This is still an incredible bargain for the area.Advertisement
- Regardless of current rebate offers, you should know what the dealer paid for the vehicle in order to bargain for a good deal.
- Competitively priced or compact SUVs may be a better bargain for consumers.