Bareilly sentence example
- BIJNOR, or Bijnaur, a town and district of British India in the Bareilly division of the United Provinces.
- The nearest railway via Naini Tal is the extension of the Oudh and Rohilkhand line from near Bareilly to Kathgodam.
- Bareilly >>
- BAREILLY, or Bareli, a city and district of British India in the Bareilly or Rohilkhand division of the United Provinces.
- Bareilly is the headquarters of a brigade in the 7th division of the eastern army corps.Advertisement
- Bareilly college is a seat of upper class learning for the surrounding districts.
- ROHILLA (a Pushtu word for "mountaineer"), a tribe of Afghan marauders, who, towards the beginning of the 18th century, conquered a district of Hindostan, giving it the name of Rohilkhand, which still survives as an alternative title of the Bareilly division of the United Provinces.
- Both before and after that year, however, the Bareilly Mahommedans have distinguished themselves by fanatical tumults against the Hindus.
- The district of Bareilly has an area of 1580 sq.