Barbican sentence example
- A larger edition (2 vols., 1736-1737) was edited by Samuel Wilson of the Barbican.
- In 1333 a large barbican was built, and a portcullis was added.
- Barbican education events take place in many barbican education events take place in many Barbican venues.
- The Ninagawa Company returns to the Barbican in its 25th birthday year with a production of Shakespeare's tragedy Coriolanus.
- There is a substantial Gatehouse, the significant residential part of Pembroke Castle, and a Barbican which once had three portcullises.Advertisement
- The Barbican, London will be holding the first retrospective of her work in September 2005.
- The nearest London underground stations are St Paul's or Barbican.
- The nearest London underground stations are St Paul 's or Barbican.
- As regards names derived from ancient buildings, instances are the streets called London Wall and Barbican, and those named after the numerous gates.
- Others are Bootham Bar, the main entrance from the N., also having a Norman arch; Monk Bar (N.E.), formerly called Goodramgate, but renamed in honour of General Monk, and Walmgate Bar, of the time of Edward I., retaining the barbican repaired in 1648.Advertisement