Bara sentence example
- Bara is a small town some 50 m.
- Soon afterwards it receives the Swat river from the north and the Bara river from the south, and after a further course of 40 m.
- 1790-1792 The Doji Bara, or skull famine, in India, so-called because the people died in such numbers that they could not be buried.
- But the Bara valley route into the heart of the Afridi Tirah is not to be altogether overlooked, although it is not a trade route of any importance.
- The population of Bara Banki alone in 1901 was 3020.Advertisement
- During the Sepoy war of 1857-1858 the whole of the Bara Banki talukdars joined the mutineers, but offered no serious resistance after the capture of Lucknow.
- The straits of the Jhelum, below Baramulla, probably account for the lovely vale of Kashmir, which is in form (if not in principles of construction) a repetition on grand scale of the Maidan of the Afridi Tirah, where the drainage from the slopes of a great amphitheatre of hills is collected and then arrested by the gorge which marks the outlet to the Bara.
- Besides these highest points there are a considerable number of mountains in the central provinces of Imerina and Betsileo and the intervening and surrounding districts; and in the Bara country the Isalo range has been compared to the "Church Buttes" and other striking features of the scenery of Utah.
- In addition to some of the Hindu deities which they worship, the Gonds have their own gods - Bara Deva and Dula Deva.