Baobabs sentence example
- In the northeastern districts the primeval forest gives place to park-like country, consisting of plains covered with high coarse grass, and dotted with occasional baobabs, as well as with wild plum, shea-butter, dwarf date, fan palms, and other small trees.
- Baobabs and other shade trees are numerous.
- On the Blue Nile the forest trees alter, the most abundant being the babanus (Sudan ebony) and the silag (Anogeissus leiocarpus), while gigantic baobabs, called tebeldi in the Sudan, and tarfa (Sterculia cinerea) are numerous.
- This region is famous for its large baobabs and its traditional family tombs, central to the Malagasy beliefs and culture.
- The large baobabs that line the road to Camalou were good for Palearctic migrants, including woodchat shrike, tree pipit and subalpine warbler.Advertisement