Banting sentence example
- BANTIN, or BANTING, the native name of the wild ox of Java, known to the Malays as sapi-utan, and in zoology as Bos (Bibos) sondaicus.
- Among the great wild cattle are the formidable gaur, or seladang, the banting, and the water-buffalo.
- All of which said lands messuages hereditaments and premises were then in the occupation of William Banting.
- messuages hereditaments and premises were then in the occupation of William Banting.
- the word bntng, think first of bintang, a star; but the word might also mean a large scar, to throw down, to spread, rigid, mutilated, enceinte, a kind of cucumber, a redoubt, according as it is pronounced, bantang, banting, bentang, buntang, buntung, bunting, bonteng, benteng.Advertisement
- frontalis), confined to the hills of the north-east frontier, where it is domesticated for sacrificial purposes by the aboriginal tribes, and the tsine or banting (B.
- It is, in fact, very much the same system as that proposed a number of years ago by Banting (see Corpulence).
- As far back as 1862, the Harvey-Banting diet was published by William Banting after he not only lost considerable weight, but also his laundry list of maladies which were caused by obesity.