Banshee sentence example
- The toll of the Cubans scrum was beginning to tell and the howling banshee Cuban back line was starting to run a muck.
- A Welsh death-portent often confused with the gwrach y Rhibyn and banshee is the cyhyraeth, the groaning spirit.
- A ghost is also said to haunt the vicinity wailing like a banshee.
- Animal forms attributed to the banshee woman are all associated with witchcraft in Ireland.
- The banshee is perhaps connected with ancestral or house spirits; the Wild Huntsman, the Gabriel hounds, the Seven Whistlers, &c., are traceable to some actual phenomenon; but the great mass of British goblindom cannot now be traced back to savage or barbarous analogues.Advertisement
- In Ireland legends of the banshee belong more particularly to certain families in whose records periodic visits from the spirit are chronicled.
- She then regained her senses and flew at Williams like a screaming banshee.
- Even Sheriff Jake Weller was there, and the city police chief and, in various costumes of night-wear, Fred, the Quincy sisters and Gladys Turnbull who'd let out a banshee scream that woke everyone but poor Edith Shipton, who'd never wake again.
- The Irish banshee is held to be the distinction only of families of pure Milesian descent.
- Sir Walter Scott mentions a belief in the banshee as existing in the highlands of Scotland (Demonology and Witchcraft, p. 351).Advertisement
- The only way to get it is to play the last level until you get the banshee; once you have the banshee go to the part were the scarab shoots that big building.
- The Welsh have the banshee under the name gwrach y Rhibyn (witch of Rhibyn).
- When making an appearance as the washer woman, the banshee is commonly spotted washing blood from the clothes of the person who is destined to die.
- Get out the banshee; once you do that go to the third pill that you can walk up and the skull will be there.
- The Ghost can do boosts, making it go faster, and the Banshee has an extra maneuver, making it easier to fly.Advertisement