Banns sentence example
- Marriage by banns, licence or special licence cannot take place except in church.
- banns published?
- This would just give us time to have the banns three times, beginning with next Sunday.
- This takes place as part of our regular 11am services We usually read the banns of marriage at the beginning of the service.
- Under the entry for 1760 there is reference to calling the banns ' till a marriage be bought ' .Advertisement
- Remember also to allow time for your marriage banns to be posted in your local church or Town Hall prior to your wedding day.
- I had strict orders to listen to the wedding banns, as my Auntie Win's name would be called out.
- calling of banns.
- At first he refused to publish the banns of marriage between Mary and Bothwell, though in the end he yielded with a protest that he "abhorred and detested the marriage."
- Banns of marriage >>Advertisement
- The bishops also exercise a certain jurisdiction over marriages, inasmuch as they have by the canons of the Church of England a power of dispensing with the proclamation of banns before marriage.