Banking house sentence example
- In 1821 he entered a banking-house newly established at St Petersburg, but returned two years later to Paris, where he was appointed cashier to the Caisse Hypothecaire.
- He graduated from Harvard in 1880 (in the class with Theodore Roosevelt), and the following year entered the banking house of Lee, Higginson & Co., in Boston.
- His income was insufficient for the proper support of his family, and accordingly he had become partner in a banking house in which one of his sons was interested along with other persons.
- Transferred in the same year to the commissariat department as a captain, he resigned three years later and went back to California to conduct at San Francisco a branch of an important St Louis banking-house.
- He became clerk in the banking house of Perregaux in Paris, was made a partner in the business in 1800, and in 1804 succeeded Perregaux as head of the firm.Advertisement
- He established in 1863 the banking house of L.
- After graduating from the university of Pittsburgh he entered the banking house of Thomas Mellon & Sons and later became a partner.
- Among interesting landmarks are the Federal Inn (1763),(1763), in which President Washington was entertained in 1794, and which has been used as a banking house since 1814; the old county gaol (1770), used as such until 1848; and the site of the "Hessian Camp," where some of the prisoners captured during the War of Independence were confined.
- Having completed his education at the university of Edinburgh, where he was distinguished in mathematics, Robert was induced to enter a banking-house in order to acquire a practical knowledge of business, but his ambition was really academic. In 1769 he gave up business pursuits and accepted the rectorship of Perth academy.
- His last years of office were embittered by the discussions on a matter notorious at the time, namely, the affairs of the banking-house of W.Advertisement
- For some time he was a clerk in a Paris banking-house, until the outbreak of the Swiss revolution.
- His grandfather, Andreas, originally a Bremen merchant, was one of the founders (1st of January 1766) of the banking-house of Grote, Prescott & Company in Threadneedle Street, London (the name of Grote did not disappear from the firm till 1879).
- This, post he held till 1862, when he became chief officer in the banking-house of Glyn, Mills & Co., in whose employ he remained until 1881.
- In 1905 the Bank of Abyssinia, the first banking house in the country, was founded, with its headquarters at Adis Ababa.
- Coro was also made the chief factory of the Welsers, the German banking house to which Charles V.Advertisement
- The Republican members seceded, legislative appropriations were blocked, and Governor Morton was compelled to take the extraconstitutional step of arranging with a New York banking house for the payment of the interest on the state debt, of borrowing money for state expenditure on his own responsibility, and of constituting an unofficial financial bureau, which disbursed money in disregard of the state officers.