Banias sentence example
- To the south Lebanon ends about the point where the river Litany bends westward, and at Banias.
- After being defeated by Saladin at Banias, the Franks were compelled to make a treaty with the Moslem leader.
- It was long known as Panium or Panics, a name that has survived in the modern Banias.
- Banias is a poor village inhabited by about 350 Moslems; all round it are gardens of fruit-trees.
- As the Barada escapes from the mountains through a narrow gorge, its waters spread out fan-like, in canals or "rivers," the name of one of which, Nahr Banias, retains a trace of Abana.Advertisement
- The town of Banias, with its castle, formed also a strong outpost against Damascus, and was the scene, in common with the other strongholds, of many desperate encounters between Moslems and Christians.