Bandmaster sentence example
- Though Meyerbeer wrote much that is intrinsically more dull and vulgar than the overture to Rienzi, he never combined such serious efforts with a technique so like that of a military bandmaster.
- The word, which was probably derived from some Greek bandmaster, was presumably an instruction for a musical interlude.
- In time he would be appointed bandmaster, a post he held from 1935 until his death in November 1985.
- Mr Franklin was the first bandmaster, he being relieved in 1862 by Mr Courtney.
- Nathaniel Stenton aged 74 (late bandmaster) dearly loved husband of Esther Stenton Interred Jarrow cemetery on Thursday at 3.30.Advertisement
- Newark's representatives were coached by Eric Ball and conducted by their own bandmaster Mr David Aspinall.
- The new bandmaster was WOI F Short, who had been serving with The Royal Leicestershire Regiment.
- A former army bandmaster, he has often wielded the baton at Jedburgh.
- As they lifted and shifted, the Bandmaster knocked over Les's trombone stand rendering the brand new hooter somewhat useless.
- Having completed the Bandmaster's course of 1991 he was promoted to Band Sergeant and awarded a licentiate of the Royal Schools of Music.Advertisement